Revised National Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP)
To achieve a globally competitive automotive ecosystem that serves the domestic and export market, delivers sustainable value for the Nigerian Economy and all stakeholders while enabling the future of mobility.
To drive the realization of the Vision for the Nigerian automotive sector, through the five key development targets identified as imperative:
- Growth of vehicle production to 200,000 units
- Transition from SKD to CKD/CBU mode of manufacturing
- Increase in the local content of assembled vehicles to 40%
- Increase in employment in the Automotive Value Chain
- Attainment of Electric Vehicle Production of 30% of local production
- One new bonafide manufacturer/assembler status license was recommended for the grant of new Assemblers status.
- Manufacturer/Assembler’s licenses were also recommended for revalidation and other are under processes after assessment visits during the period under review (Jan-June 2023).